One of the best treks in the world, The Everest trek is a window into traditional Sherpa villages and `gompas` (monasteries), their mountain Buddhist culture and their sacred peaks and valley. The trek takes trekkers to the very bottom of the world’s highest mountain- Everest (8,848m), also known as Chomolungma in Tibetan and Sagarmatha in Nepali. A short flight from Kathmandu takes you to Tenzing Hillary Airport in Lukla , a small town and also the gateway into the Khumbu region. Since the trek is done in the Sagarmatha National Park, it houses 118 species of birds and numerous rare mammals such as Snow Leopard, Musk Deer, Red Panda and Himalayan Wolves. Enjoy spectacular panoramic views of the Himalayas with a visit to Everest base camp and KalaPatthar (5555m), a viewpoint recognized as the best vantage point to see Mount Everest and its surrounding peaks of Lhotse, Nuptse etc.
This amazing trek can be done as a tea-house and lodges trek as there are plenty of lodges providing excellent facilities from attached bathrooms with hot showers, traditional Sherpa food, dal bhat and even western meals like pizzas, burgers, spaghetti, pasta, pies, delicious bakery items and plenty more. This trek into the heart of the Himalayas can be done from March – May and October – December for excellent weather and the best views.
Day 01:Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel
Day 2:In Kathmandu for official procedure: Cultural tour visit (optional)
Day 3:Transport to airport for scheduled flight to Lukla (2840m). Meet with your trek staffs and we start a moderate ascent to Phakding where we spend our first night. (2610m).
Day 04:Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) the region’s main commercial center.
Day 05:At Namche Bazar. Visit the Tourist Visitor Center and museum, or the Everest View Hotel for breathtaking views for acclimatization.
Day 06:Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860m) the largest gompa in the Khumbu region of Nepal.
Day 07:Trek to Dingboche (4410m). Dingboche is a popular stop for trekkers and climbers for acclimatization purposes.
Day 08:At Dingboche – At Dingboche: Acclimatization hike to Nagarjun view point 5100m for scenic views of Mt. Makalu, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Ama dablam, island peak.
Day 09:Trek to Lobuche (4910m). Lobuche is one of the last overnight stops with lodging on the “trail to base camp”.
Day 10:Trek to Visit Everest Base Camp (5364m) and back to Gorak Shep (5140m).
Day 11:On the return back to Pheriche, hike up Kala Pattar (5550m) the viewpoint for breathtaking panoramic views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Pumori and Lobhuche West (6145m) along with the Khumbu glacier.
Day 12:Trek back to Tengboche.
Day 13:Trek to Namche Bazar.
Day 14:Trek to Lukla.
Day 15:Scheduled flight to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 16:In Kathmandu
- Transfers airport-hotel-airport for Int. and domestic flights.
- 3 star hotel accommodation on room sharing and breakfast in Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- Airfare Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- Standard lodge accommodation on room sharing basis with fixed meals during the trek. (Breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Services of climbing/trekking guide, and porters.
- Required climbing equipment, high tents, food and fuel.
- Applicable government and local taxes, climbing permit, insurance for guides and porters.
- Expenses of personal nature, personal tips, alcoholic beverages, cold/soft drinks/mineral water, hot showers during the trek.
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance, personal medical expenses and rescue evacuation.
- Personal trekking and climbing gears.
- Any cost arising due to landslides, political disturbance, strikes, cancellation of flights, and deviation in program.
- Tourist visa for Nepal and international flight to/from Kathmandu.