Mt. Kanchenjunga 8586m, the third highest mountain in the world lies in the border region between the Sikkim state of India and Nepal. The region is characterized by great diversity with different ethnic groups such as the Chhetris, Rai, Limbu, Gurung, Sherpas, and Tibetan. The trek passes through a wide range of flora and fauna with lush, low-lying valleys and up through incredible forests and into the high alpine pastures and glaciers at the foot of the mighty Kanchenjunga . You will come close to viewing some of the most outstanding mountain landscapes anywhere in the Himalaya.
Under the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area, the region is also habitats for many globally significant plant species such as rhododendrons and orchids and many endangered flagship species such as leopard, Asian , red panda and many species of the Himalayan peasants. The best time for the Kanchenjunga trek are (March, April, and May) , (September, October, and November)
Day 01:Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02:In Kathmandu for official procedures and preparations.
Day 03:Flight from Kathmandu-Bhadrapur and drive to Suketar. Overnight in lodge
Day 04Trek to Lalikharkha. 4-5 hrs. Overnight in tea house
Day 05:Trek to Kandebhanjyang 2130m. 6-7 hrs. Overnight in tea house
Day 06:Trek to Mamankhe 1785m. 5-6 hrs. Overnight in tea house
Day 07:Trek to Yamphudin 2080m.4-5 hrs Overnight in tea house
Day 08:Trek to Tortong 2995m. 7-8 hrs.Overnight in tea house
Day 09:Trek to Cheram 3870m. 3-4 hrs Overnight in tea house
Day 10:In Cheram to acclimatize and rest day.
Day 11:Cheram to Ramchaur 4580m. 4-5 hrs. Overnight in tea house
Day 12:Visit the base camp and return to Cheram. 5-6 hrs Overnight in tea house
Day 13:Trek to Sele la pass 4480m. 6-7 hrs Overnight in tea house
Day 14:Trek to Ghunsa 3427m. 3-4 hrs Overnight in tea house
Day 15:Trek to Kambachen 4050m.5-6 hrs. Overnight in tea houseDay 16:Trek to Lhonak 4780m.5-6 hrs .Overnight in tea houseDay 17:Trek to Kanchenjunga north base camp 5143m and return to Lhonak. Overnight in tea houseDay 18:Trek to Ghunsa 3427m. 6-7 hrs Overnight in tea houseDay 19:Trek to Amjilosa 2395m. 5-6 hrs Overnight in lodgeDay 20:Trek to Chirwa. 6-7 hrs Overnight in lodgeDay 21:Trek to Taplejung.7-8 hrs. Overnight in lodge.Day 22:Drive to Bhadrapur airport and fly to Ktm.Day 23:In Kathmandu.Day 24:International departure
- Transfers: airport-hotel for international and domestic flights.
- 3 star accommodation in Kathmandu on room sharing basis and breakfast as per itinerary.
- Accommodation on room sharing basis and meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during lodge/tea house trek.
- Wages, accommodation and food for guide and porter on trek. (2 trekkers share 1 porter on trek)
- Applicable government and local taxes, insurance for guide and porter.
- Transportation as per program by private vehicle. Airfare Ktm-Bhadrapur-Ktm.
- Permits and national park fees.
- Expenses of personal nature, personal tips, alcoholic beverages, cold/soft drinks/mineral water, hot showers during the trek.
- Meals in Kathmandu. Personal trekking gears.
- Travel insurance, personal medical expenses, rescue evacuation.
- Any cost arising due to landslides, political disturbance, strikes, cancellation of flights, and deviation in program.
- Tourist visa for Nepal and international flight to/from Kathmandu.
- Tips/gratitude for staffs at the end of the trip.