Tsum Valley is a sacred Himalayan pilgrimage valley situated in northern Gorkha, Nepal. “Tsum” comes from the Tibetan word “Tsombo”, which means vivid. One of the hidden gems of Nepal, the valley is part of the extensive valleys of the Inner Himalaya and popularly known as the ‘Hidden valley.
The trek is challenging but highly rewarding with contrasting ascent and decent gradients , exceptional views in every direction , varied flora and fauna, a wide cultural spectrum that are highly diverse, home to Brahmin, Chhetri, Tamang, Magar, Tibetan and Gurung people. The local people in Tsum are mostly of Tibetan origin and speak a unique dialect. The ancient remains of the Tsum kingdom are still visible today. The people of the Tsum Valley never slaughter animals, even as a sacrifice to the gods.
Climbalaya recommends combining the Tsum Valley with the Manaslu trek circuit, starting in Arughat Bazaar and ending in Besisahar, which is also the starting point for the Annapurna circuit.
Day 01:Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02:In Kathmandu for official procedures.
Day 03:Drive Kathmandu to Soti khola 6-7 hrs
Day 04:Trek to Tatopani (930m).
Day 05:Trek to Philim (1570m).
Day 06:Trek to Chumling 2386m.
Day 07:Trek to Chhokang Paro
Day 08:Trek to Nille (3361).
Day 09:Trek to Mu Gompa (3709m).
Day 10:Trek to Rachen Gumba (3240m).
Day 11:Trek to Gumba Lungdang (3200m)
Day 12:Trek to Lokpa (2240m).
Day 13:Trek to Bhi Phedi ( 2130m)
Day 14:Trek to Namrung (2630m)
Day 15:Trek to Sama Gaon ( 3520m)Day 16:Rest day in Samagaon.Day 17:Trek to Samdo (3875m).Day 18:Trek to Dharamsala Phedi (4470m).Day 19:Cross Larkya La pass (5160m) – Bimthang (3720m).Day 20:Trek to Darapani.Day 21:Drive to Beshishar-KathmanduDay 21:International departure
- Transfer airport-hotel-airport for Int. flights.
- 3 star hotel accommodation on room sharing and breakfast in Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- Lodge/ tea houses and home stay accommodation on room sharing basis with fixed meals during the trek. (breakfast , lunch and dinner)
- Wages, accommodation and food for guide and porters on trek. (2 trekkers share 1 porter on trek)
- Applicable government and local taxes and insurance for guide and porters.
- Transportation as per program.
- Expenses of personal nature, personal tips, alcoholic and cold drinks, mineral and boiled water, snacks/coffee/tea in between meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) hot showers during the trek.
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance, personal medical expenses and rescue evacuation.
- Personal trekking gears.
- Any costs arising due to flight cancellations, political disturbance, natural disaster and deviation in programs.
- Tourist visa for Nepal and International flight to/from Kathmandu.