Mt. Lhakpa Ri 7045m, is one of the most popular and easy to climb mountains over 7000m in the world. It stands just across from the glacier from Mt Everest with the best views of Everest. The climbing route to Lhakpa Ri is the same historic route that goes up the north east of Rongbuk Glacier. It’s a safe and straightforward route.
It is a perfect mountain for ambitious climbers who have prior climbing experiences on 6000m and who needs more experience at high altitudes. The ascent is moderate, with gentle slopes and climbing on ropes.
Day 01:Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02-03:In Kathmandu for Tibet visa processing and preparations.
Day 04:Transfer to airport for flight to Lhasa (Gonggor airport) and drive to Lhasa (3650m-11680ft), transfer to Hotel
Day 05:In Lhasa : sightseeing
Day 06:Drive to Shigatse (3900m-12480ft)- O/N Hotel
Day 07:Drive to Thingri (4350m-14,268ft)- O/N Guest House
Day 08:Rest day in Thingri
Day 09:Drive to Everest BC (5200m-17,056ft)
Day 10-14:At BC to acclimatize and preparing loads for advance base camp, puja ceremony and setting up intermediate and advance base camps.
Day 15:Trek to Intermediate Camp (5800m-19,024ft)
Day 16:Arrive at ABC (6400m-20,992ft)
Day 17-22:Climbing Period
Day 23:Advance base camp to base camp
Day 24:Drive to Kyirong (2700m-8,856ft) O/N hotel
Day 25:Cross border to Nepal and drive to Kathmandu
Day 26:In Kathmandu.
- Lhakpa Ri peak permit fee. Flight Kathmandu-Lhasa.
- Logistical services of expedition leader and Managing Director Mingma Sherpa at BC and ABC.
- One experienced high altitude Sherpa during climb and summit attempt to Lhakpa ri.
- Climbing Sherpa’s bonuses, insurance for evacuation, hospitalization, medical and life insurance.
- High altitude tents for all member and climbing Sherpa.
- Walkie-talkie for each member and Sherpa partnered team with base unit at BC camp and ABC.
- Common climbing equipment for rope fixing (Required rope, ice bar, ice screw, etc) / rope fixing
- Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast for 5 nights on room sharing basis. Hotel in Tibet on room sharing with breakfast.
- Nepalese Sherpa cook at BC, intermediate camp and ABC.
- Spacious single tent with solared light, insulated padded floor, pillow and mattress per member at BC and ABC.
- Dining tents with heater and carpet, kitchen tents, toilet tents, shower tent, chairs & tables.
- Intermediate camp with kitchen tent, dining tent, toilet tent and sleeping tents.
- Food and fuel for BC, intermediate camp, ABC and higher camps during expedition.
- Power supply at BC for charging laptops, mobile phones, amateur digital cameras and handheld video cameras).
- Solar panels at ABC for light and charging small electronics. (Mobile phones, amateur digital cameras and handheld video cameras).
- Equipment allowances, daily wages, food and tents for cooks, kitchen boy and Chinese Liaison Officer.
- Insurance for cook, kitchen boy, Liaison officer and porters including emergency evacuation, hospitalization, medical and life insurance.
- Satellite phone for emergency at ABC. Oxygen bottles and mask sets for emergency purpose at ABC.
- Transfer airport-hotel-airport in Kathmandu. Transfer Kathmandu-base camp-Kathmandu.
- Transportation of members, staffs, food supply and equipment from Kathmandu- BC– Kathmandu.
- Member’s personal luggage transfer from BC to ABC and from ABC-BC.
- High way and conservation charges. Garbage management fees for member and Sherpa.
- International flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee which can be obtained at the airport upon arrival and reentry visa for Nepal.
- Meals in Kathmandu and in hotels in Tibet. Hotel after 5 nights stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gears.
- Personal calls made through satellite phone subject to charges at US$ 3 per minute.
- Emergency oxygen bottle usage cost US$ 550.00 per bottle.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation and lost luggage
- Personal solar pack for charging heavy electronics ( laptops, professional camera batteries etc )
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone US$ 1000.00, communication equipment and commercial filming US$ 30,000.00 payable to CTMA.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone and Email, etc.
- Applicable customs duty and import license fees for all expedition goods arriving in Nepal as air/road cargo
- Tips/gratitude for climbing Sherpa and cook staffs after end of expedition